Technical OEM Sales and Account Management


Halifax, Nova Scotia                            FILLED
Reference # IntraTEC-ES 18026

Location: Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia

Position:  Permanent Full-Time.

 

Interested in learning more? Contact: John Lohnes via John.Lohnes@IntraTEC-ES.com

 

Immigration Sponsorship not authorized: Candidates must have existing and current status to live and work in Canada - Citizenship, Canadian PR Visa, or an Open Work Permit.

When applying to this role, ensure the subject line of your email states the position title, job number and your name.

 

We are seeking to staff an experienced TECHNICAL OEM SALES and ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT on behalf of our client who designs and manufactures digital / intelligent industrial electronic products for OEM sales.  The Technical OEM Sales Specialist is responsible for fostering and maintaining customer relationships for product sales; as well as liaising with internal engineering design and manufacturing teams and other members of the OEM sales team. 

NOTE:  This is a NEW role and is 40% defined, the remaining 60% will be defined based on the skills and experience the candidate brings to the role - the new hire and the Hiring Manager will define the role together - a fantastic opportunity to have input into your job responsibilities!

 

Note: this is a new role, as our client is growing, and as such this role has strong potential for career growth opportunities.

 

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

 

  • Reports to the Manager of OEM Sales.

  • OEM sales account lead – up-selling and managing existing OEM customer relationships.

  • Work collaboratively with other members of the OEM sales group in targeting and securing new business.

  • Maintain CRM including sales order processing, generating sales reports and forecasts.

  • Prepare customer quotes and proposals.

  • Willingness to support answering emergency OEM customer inquiries.

  • Provide, as needed, OEM customer product technical support in collaboration with the technical support team.

  • This role may potentially have up to 10% travel within Canada and the USA for customer introductions, customer meetings, customer training, and trade shows.

  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

  • Knowledge and/or usage of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Autocad, Syspro, and CRM applications.

 

EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS

  • An asset - post-secondary education either a B.Eng. with a focus in Electrical/Electronic Engineer, or Technologist Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

  • 2-6 years similar experience in either inside or outside technical sales.

  • Experience with industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS RTU, Ethernet, CAN Bus.

 

SKILLS, EFFORTS AND ATTRIBUTES

  • Highly self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed - this role includes both hunter & gather sales

  • Strong organization and time management skills

  • Team player with a ‘get it done’ driven attitude

Interested in learning more?  Not interested but know someone suitable?  Contact: John Lohnes via John.Lohnes@IntraTEC-ES.com

IntraTEC Employment Solutions Inc. is a Canadian owned and operated technical recruitment company.  Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.  IntraTEC-ES.com

 

  • Solutions Overview

  • Telecom Recruitment

  • It, IoT, IIoT Recruitment

  • R&D Recruitment

  • Hire a Project Recruiter

  • Fees & Structure

  • Career Page  

  • Resume & CV Construction

  • Interview Strategies Training

  • Candidate Referral Fee Program

  • Company Referral Fee Program

Copyright © 2020 IntraTEC Employment Solutions Inc. All rights reserved

  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • Twitter Clean